Thursday, April 23, 2015

Quick Snack: Cinnamon "Crepe"

I had a package of low carb tortillas, but I wasn't in the mood for a quesadilla this morning. So I rooted around in the fridge and spotted the cream cheese. Then I thought, "why not make a crepe type thing? It's sweet, and I never get to eat sweet stuff for breakfast unless I make cream cheese pancakes." So here's my simple recipe:

Cinnamon "Crepes"
serves 1

1 thin low carb tortilla (I used Banderita brand- 5g carbs per tortilla)
2 oz. cream cheese
2-3 packets of Truvia or Splenda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Optional: a handful of strawberry, peach, or nectarine slices, or blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.

Toast the tortilla in a toaster oven until golden and slightly crisp. Place cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Microwave until you are able to mix it up smoothly, about 30-45 seconds. If you want to get super fancy, microwave some frozen berries in a bowl and mix that in with the cream cheese mixture. Place the cream cheese mixture on one end of the toasted tortilla, add any fruit slices/berries you desire, and wrap up. Serve with a little whipped cream on top if you feel so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment