Saturday, December 17, 2016

Super Light and Fluffy Cauliflower Mash

Because I just had my wisdom teeth taken out, I'm on a strict soft foods diet for a few days. I needed my cauli mash to be super soft, so I decided to boil the florets before putting them into the food processor/Ninja. It came out light and fluffy and smooth and amazing! I might just do this from now on! Here is the base recipe, add a combo of ingredients for different flavors.

Base recipe for Cauli Mash

1 head of cauliflower, chopped into roughly equal sized florets
4 to 5 oz. cream cheese
1 cup of chicken broth, bone broth, or veggie broth (add more if desired)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp ground black pepper

Boil the florets in salted water. I used a metal frying/boiling basket for quick and easy removal. When you can easily stick a fork through them, drain and put into the food processor. Add cream cheese, broth, and salt and pepper. Whir until completely smooth.

What can I add?
-Garlic Parsley Mash: 1 tsp. garlic powder (or 1 Tbsp. minced garlic) and 1 Tbsp. parsley
-Mexi-mash: dash of cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 c. cheddar, monterey jack, colby(jack), or pepper jack cheese, shredded, 1 finely diced jalapeno, 1 chipotle chile (if you like them), and 1/4 c. fresh cilantro (if you like it), squeeze of lime juice
-Loaded Mash: 1/2 c. bacon crumbles, 1/2 c. cheddar cheese, 1 tsp. garlic, 2 Tbsp. fresh chives

Whatever else you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment