Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday, Monday

Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone on the East Coast is doing ok. Winter weather is coming, and depending on where you live, may already be there! I didn't get to make sushi as planned tonight, but that's ok. I played around with the sushi kit, and attempted rolling a tuna and cream cheese roll. There was way too much nori and not enough filling. It ended up tasting like chewy nori and not much else. Oh well, at least I have one bit of experience before I dive headlong into it tomorrow.

I don't think I'll be posting recipes on Saturdays because I usually go out to dinner. Possibly not Sunday either, especially if I'm not home. But weekdays I will try to post something every day. For today, a quick snack idea:

Ingredients:
2 slices Ham, turkey, or roast beef lunch meat
1/3 c. cream cheese
1/2 c. baby spinach
2 oz solid cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, swiss, etc)
1/2 tsp paprika
basil and oregano

Needed: sharp knife, cutting board, toothpicks

Lay meat flat on the board. In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with the spices. Spread mixture onto meat. Take off stems if you want and lay spinach leaves on the meat. Slice cheese thinly, about 1/4 in thick, 1 in wide, and 4 in long (or two 2 in pieces). Lay cheese along the edge of the meat and roll up everything. Stick 4 toothpicks in the top with equal space in between. Use the knife to cut rolls apart and serve. I dipped mine in some leftover pesto sauce.

While you can make this for a quick snack, it will also work for a party. Stay warm and drink your tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment