Saturday, February 17, 2018

Bready Pizza Crust Recipe

Hi folks,
It's been over a year since I've last posted. I fell off the low carb wagon for nearly a year and gained about 20 lbs. Not pretty, but I've managed to get back on and continue cooking. Because I worked full time during the summer, and work upwards of 25-35 hours a week now, I have less time and less energy than I used to. Thank to you all that kept checking back for new posts, I'm going to make an effort to post more.
-Caroline :)

Bready Pizza Crust

This is a modified version of my original pizza crust, the addition of the almond flour makes it more bread- like and sturdier.

For a small pizza (feeds 2ish people):
1 c. blanched almond flour
8 oz. cream cheese
1 egg
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
4 tsp. of a Garlic & Herb seasoning grinder ( or a pinch of garlic powder, a tsp of dried parsley, tsp of oregano, a tsp of black pepper, and a tsp of onion powder)

Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with hand blender (or by hand). Spread a sheet of parchment out on the counter. Spread the dough onto the parchment about 1/4 in. thick. You can also place another sheet of parchment on top and use a rolling pin or wine bottle to even the dough out. Square (or round) off the edges and bake until golden brown. Top with sauce, cheese, and desired toppings and bake again until cheese is bubbly. Or top with asiago, parmesan, and mozzarella with extra herbs and bake for cheesy bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment