Friday, September 11, 2015

Gordita Casserole/Dip/Soup Thing...

I attempted to make the gordita soup for Alex a few weeks ago....aaaand I burnt it... cause I didn't pay attention. Anyway, I felt bad cause he had so been looking forward to it, so I decided to make him a gordita casserole tonight (Thurs). It came out a little liquidy, so more like soup, but whatever, it was so good he wanted to go back for 3rds so I think I nailed it. So here's my lazy recipe!


Gordita Casserole/Dip/Soup

1 lb. ground beef
1 low carb tortilla (you can use more if you want, or not use it at all)
1 jar salsa con queso (can also just use the creamy cheese dip, since we're adding salsa)
1/2 c. salsa (mine was very fresh and thus very watery)
1 small jar green chilies, not drained
4 oz. by weight shredded cheddar/whatever
1 packet Taco seasoning (made my own)
1/3 c. water

Brown the ground beef, break it up, add the taco seasoning and the water. Let simmer a bit until most of the water has evaporated. Grease a casserole dish and mix the seasoned, browned ground beef, the queso, the salsa, and the chilies together. Cut the tortilla(s) into strips and lay across the dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.



For a thicker casserole, drain the chiles, don't add the water to the beef, and use less salsa or sub fresh tomatoes and onions.

You can even serve this as a dip with toasted low carb tortillas for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment