Monday, February 9, 2015

BBQ Sauce!

So it's been a while. I went out to dinner Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday of this week. Today I was at my grandparents for a birthday celebration. We had BBQ so I brought the Gouda Bacon Cauliflower Mash and homemade BBQ sauce. The cauliflower was inhaled in a matter of minutes, so that was good. This time, I cooked it the 18 minutes it was supposed to be cooked and Ninja'd the hell out of it. It was smoother than before and fabulous. It had the texture of dense mashed potatoes. They couldn't believe that was cauliflower (and neither could I!)

BBQ Sauce:

6 ounce can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
2 teaspoons molasses
2 tablespoons liquid smoke (if you have it)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
*Recipe from Linda's Low Carb

Mix the dry ingredients, then combine with the wet. Stir or whisk until incorporated and there are no lumps. Refrigerate the leftovers.

This was yummy. It was sweet enough, but still tangy from the vinegar. Next time I do something BBQ, I'll see if I can make a mustard BBQ sauce, because that's one of my favorites.

You can put this sauce on ribs, pulled pork, chicken, burgers, pizza, whatever you like. It'd be great served up with some cole slaw, peppered green beans, and maybe a low carb muffin with some butter. 

Tomorrow: Creamy Garlic Soup (probably with chicken) and for dessert, Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce 

No comments:

Post a Comment