Monday, February 2, 2015

Sausage with Spicy Broccoli Pepper Stir-Fry: 15 minute dinner


Sausage! I didn't want chicken yet again so I went to the store and picked up some sausage. I've got a Wegman's near me and they've got all sorts of high quality pre-packaged foods. This was the sausage I used:
But you can use any Italian chicken sausage.

The stir-fry was just broccoli and an orange bell pepper with this sauce:
It was delicious! I am not a big fan of bell pepper, but this sauce made them really good.

I also had some raw broccoli with Hidden Valley ranch.

Since fruit and fruit juices are a no go with my carb count (~20g/day), it's been hard to satisfy my fruity sweet tooth. Sometimes you don't want chocolate, you want fruit. Well I found out that Ocean Spray has some new products: diet cranberry juice with other flavors.


I got some of this and it's delicious! Only 2g carbs/8 oz. They also have grape flavor.

So for a quick dinner, here's a "recipe" that's not really a recipe:

1 pkg pre-cooked chicken sausage (6 links)
1-2 Tbs. Kerrygold butter
1 Tbs. Italian seasoning

In a skillet, melt butter and fry sausages in the seasoning and butter until browned and warmed through.

1 large head of broccoli
1 bell pepper (any color)
1/4 c. Tom Tom sauce

Cut broccoli into medium sized florets and pepper into strips. Stir fry in a non-stick skillet with the sauce until the broccoli is bright green and tender. Serve with some of this diet cran-mango juice on ice and enjoy your 15 minute dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment