Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Bourbon Chicken and Broccoli

This recipe can be found on Healthy Indulgences.net, it is not mine.

This tastes just like what you would get in the mall food court- sweet, soft, and addicting. The recipe calls for chicken thighs due to their high fat content. I doubled the sauce so I could add stir-fried veggies to make it a complete meal, but if you're just making the chicken, you can keep it as is.

Bourbon Chicken

Serves 5

Ingredients

2 lbs chicken thighs, cubed
Sauce:
2 Tbs. oil (Not EVOO)
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 Tbs. rice vinegar
2 Tbs. bourbon whiskey (I used Jack Daniel's)
1/3 c. stevia
1/2 tsp. blackstrap molasses
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ginger
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced (or 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
salt, to taste

Bake in a casserole pan/glass baking dish at 350 F for 45 minutes. I'd recommend taking it out halfway through to stir it up.

about 2-3g net carbs per serving

Make another batch of the sauce separately if you want to do a veggie stir fry. I'd recommend broccoli or snow peas/sugar snap peas (in their pods).  Stir-fry the veggies in the sauce.

This was delicious. The original recipe says to marinate the chicken in this sauce overnight, but I didn't do that. It came out deliciously. I think it would have been even more tender if I had marinated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment