Thursday, February 19, 2015

Traditional Style Pizza (They like the pizza, ok?)

 The pizza I make is a big hit with everyone in the house, so I've made it a 3rd time!



Pizza Crust:
1 8 oz. package cream cheese (remember to use full fat)
2 eggs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese from the canister

Optional:
couple of twists of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Bit of rosemary or basil/other Italian seasoning

This has a batter-like consistency. 
Directions:

Soften cream cheese in the microwave, about 30-45 seconds. Beat cheese, eggs, and parmesan in a mixer or by hand until creamy. Add spices. Line a lipped baking sheet with parchment paper and let the paper hang over the edges just a bit. Pour mixture into baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes. Add your sauce, cheese, and toppings and bake 5-10 minutes more, or until cheese is melted.

Alex (bf) and I each like different things on our pizza, so I did half and half. My side was pepperoni, onions, spinach, basil, and bell pepper; his was pepperoni, basil, spinach, mushrooms, olives, and banana peppers. And a bit of fresh minced garlic too. I ended up doing a double layer of cheese, one before toppings (just mozzarella), and a lighter layer on top of the toppings (mix of shredded romano, parmesan, and mozzarella)


Cheese was late to the class picture...

It was delicious as always, and Alex stared at me until I told him he could go get 2nds! 

Projected recipes for the rest of the week:
Thursday: Chicken Cordon-Blu w/ Green Beans in a mustard cream sauce
Friday: The "I was snowed-in for Mardi Gras" feast: Gumbo and maybe king cake

No comments:

Post a Comment